How to use a pan granulator for pelletizing?
Are you searching for a machine that can produce fertilizer in the easiest way possible? A pan granulator can give you high efficiency with an affordable cost. What’s more, you can use the same machine to make a variety of fertilizers. Its main use is to granulate/ crush powder fertilizer into fine pellets. The granulation rate of this piece of equipment is as high as 95%. In fact, its granulation rate is higher as compared to almost every fertilizer granulation machine such as new organic fertilizer pellet mill, double roller extrusion granulator machine, and rotary granulator.
There are many different of pan granulators such as laboratory pan granulator, organic fertilizer pan pelletizer, disk pan granulator, NPK compound fertilizer granulation machine, and disc pan wet granulation machine. Before you learn how the machine works, it’s better to know the type of materials you could utilize for pelletizing using the equipment.
Different Raw Materials for Pelletizing Using A Pan Granulating Machine
A pan granulator equipment can make a variety of fertilizers using a variety of materials. By using different raw materials, the machine can help you to make both compound fertilizer and organic fertilizer. For producing organic fertilizer, you can make use of materials such as sheep manure, cow dung, chicken poo, etc. In case you have large amounts of animal wastes, but you have no way of handling them, you’ll need to seek assistance from a disc pan pelletizer. The pelletizer can convert these animal wastes into useful and valuable organic fertilizer granules.
A disk pan granulator is much suitable for making compound fertilizer, unlike the organic fertilizer granulator machine. For instance, you can produce using nitrogen source or others.
– Nitrogen source: Ammonium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, urea, etc.
– Potassium source: Potassium sulfate, potassium chloride, etc.
– Phosphorus source: Calcium magnesium phosphate, diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, dicalcium, calcium, etc.
How Does the Pan Granulator Work in Granulating Materials?
The granulation machine breaks down powders into pellets by use of centrifugal force. So, what should you do to operate it?
– Once you feed the materials into the inlet of the machine through the top, the granulating disk will then rotate.
– Since you can see the materials as they rotate in the disk, ensure to spray enough water depending on the effect of granules. Due to centrifugal force, friction and finally gravity, the materials will soon become pellets.
– The scraper can remove the agglomerations left behind on the disk wall. This makes sure that all materials get granulated perfectly to form a good pellet appearance.
– Once the pellets are formed, they’ll discharge through the outlets. If there are any unqualified pellets, they can be re-granulated.
A pan granulator machine is a fundamental tool in a fertilizer production line. It is the most suitable method you can deal with your animal manure by granulating it into organic fertilizer. These fertilizer pan granulators allow materials with sizes that are below 50mm. Still, the raw materials should maintain a 25-30% range of moisture content.